Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Cold Steel of Magnum

Through Mike Joshnston's blog I have arrived to site of this Magnum Photographer. I took my time and looked at all galleries in Stories section... Generally, being rather amateur and not too good at that, I tend to like work of Magnum photographers almost without a question. Among recent works I have seen notably Abbas' exhibition "People of Abraham" in Oslo this August was very strong, very impressive. Here, although several works were very emotional, I got a general impression of rather cold, rather formal, steely approach. I couldn't really feel that the author was truly engaging the subject, so to say.

Naturally, I cannot get even remotely close to the level of work presented, yet it is the very first time I did not exactly like the work of well known maestro...

Fascinating...

No comments: