Friday, December 29, 2006

Enter K10D

Hurray! Yesterday (Thursday, Dec 28th, 2006) I received my K10D. Everything seems to be in order. This thing is big and man, the manual is huge. It seems to me now that some of the functions I will probably not use for a long time if ever. But, after two days of shooting with it just for fun I should admit that *istD has finally been surpassed. K10D is like a soft breeze in your hands - you don't think of anything but the shot. Also, admittedly the colors that come out of it are rather natural and I find myself tweaking them at RAW processing time very little and some times I would just leave white balance as it is - well done, Pentax.

Here are few shots I made...



This little Santa used to have a cow head. The trade symbol of Elite company in Israel is a cow. So they just took of one head and planted in another one. Isn't it funny?



"Galia, do not play with the chopsticks, will you please?!" ;-)

By the way both are shot with SMC FA 31/1.8 AL Limited lens that fits rather big K10D perfectly. On *istD it would feel just a tad large. Here it feels just right. Though now of course SMC FA 43/1.9 Limited feels a bit small ;-).

More is surely to come...

No comments: